Your gift to the Delaware County Literacy Council (DCLC) helps local adults to gain the skills they need to get a job, keep a job, become citizens, read to their children, and take charge of their lives.
The Literacy Council's services are free to eligible adults. Through your generosity, we are able to purchase books for our new adult readers, purchase much-needed audio-visual equipment, and undertake building and classroom improvements.
DCLC serves adults in Southeastern Pennsylvania, specifically in Delaware and Montgomery Counties.
There are several ways to make an impact with your gift. Choose the donation method that suits your goals and resources.
• Use the blue Donate Now button at left to donate with a credit card.
• Send a check to:
Delaware County Literacy Council
2217 Providence Avenue
Chester, PA 19013
• Join the United Way Combined Campaign. Please remember the Delaware County Literacy Council when contributing through your United Way – donor option number 995 with the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, or write in “Delaware County Literacy Council” for other United Ways.
• Make a tribute or memorial gift. Honor or remember someone who cares about literacy by making a donation in his or her name.
• Ask your employer about matching gift programs. Participate in your employer's matching gift program to increase the impact of your gift.
• Sponsor a Literacy Council event. Become a sponsor of our annual Champions of Adult Literacy event and receive recognition for your business in the event's programs and promotional materials.
• Make an in-kind donaton. DCLC can often make use of donated office furniture or classroom equipment and supplies, such as white boards. Please call first with your suggested donation to make sure it is something needed at this time.